Wigan Wine Tasting Experience. A full day's wine tasting in the fantastic facilities at the DW Stadium in Wigan including a 2 course lunch in Wigan's best kept dining secret Rigalettos. Champagne and 12 wines to taste in wonderful relaxing surroundings. This is a fun introduction to the world of wine with no previous experience of wine tasting required. Why not buy one of our Gift Vouchers for Mother's Day, a great day out to look forward to for Mum!
· Introduction to the World's major wine regions
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Starting with champagne a tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.